My taste buds LOVE nearly all lactose foods! My stomach, unfortunately, does not!
|picture courtesy of www.healthcommunities.com|
I have found tons of info from reputable online sources, including, but not limited to:
- Lactose Intolerance is an inability (or reduced ability) to digest "milk sugar (lactose)" in foodstuffs.
- Consequences of consuming lactose when lactose intolerance can vary greatly (from mild bad breath to nausea, diarrhea, and excruciating cramps).
- Intolerance to lactose often worsens with age.
- I'm told your doctor can test to see if you are lactose intolerant, but you can generally identify this yourself in a few simple steps.
- More foods than I realized contain lactose! Its those hidden lactose items that often leave me cursing in pain at the end of the day.